An increasingly fun part of my job is assessing journals for their reputability. Here’s a quick report I did for a cow-orker recently, asking about the rather interesting “International Journal of Social Science and Business” ijssb.com.
That was very entertaining. Here’s a list of things that make me think this is a less than reputable journal.
From the initial website (ijssb.com)
- Can’t spell “author”
- Anti “Plagiartsm” (sic) graphic
- Call for papers is much more prominent than promoting the current edition
- 45 Laburnum Grove doesn’t look like much of an office.
- The ISSN doesn’t show up in a search
- They don’t even pretend to be indexed by anyone, so I assume they just aren’t. I can’t be bothered looking them up at this point.
- They don’t pretend to have memberships of the standard OA publisher’s associations (OASP/COPE…)
In short, avoid.
Thank you for putting that my way!